As an internationally recognized automotive consultant, trainer, and technical advisor Mike Cleary teaches expert driveability and electronics diagnostics to technicians worldwide.
Mike has trained several worldwide companies and fleets, including Diesel Laptops, Jasper Engines and Transmissions, Reviva Engine Manufacturing, British Columbia Transit, the city of Calgary, Seattle, and Fort Worth, the Automotive Service Associations of Texas and Florida, the Canadian Defense Ministry, and the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Mike has presented for national and international conventions: Automechanika Canada, Vision Hi-Tech Training Conference, ASA Automotive Training Expo/Seattle, and Congress of Automotive Repair and Service (CARS). Mike has written automotive diagnostics articles for Motor Age, Master Technician, and Service Station and Garage Management publications.
As a founding board member of Ford Motor Company’s Professional Technician Society, Mike received national recognition for improving the 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel Engine Program. Mike is the only member asked to serve two terms.
As a former member of Ford’s IDS (Integrated Diagnostics Software) beta team, he provided field feedback to Ford regarding how IDS performed on Ford’s newest vehicles. Today, he keeps abreast of the latest vehicle developments and maintains regular contact with Ford engineers.
Mike Cleary's Credentials
- Ford Motor Company Senior Master Technician (13 years dealership experience)
- Ford Motor Company Diesel Specialist
- ASE Master Automobile Technician
- ASE Master Heavy Truck Technician
- ASE Automobile Advanced Engine Performance (L1)
- ASE Heavy Truck Advanced Engine Performance (L2)
- ASE Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Specialist (L3)
- ASE Alternate Fuels Specialist (F1)
- California Certified Advanced Emissions Specialist
- Bachelor of Science, Industrial Technology-Automotive/ Management California State University, Fresno
- Ford Motor Company Professional Technician Society Advisory Board
- International Automotive Technicians’ Network
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- Association of Diesel Specialists
- Canadian Auto Repair and Service Magazine Advisory Panel