Auto & Truck Electricity & Electronics Diagnostics: Vancouver Area, BC; Canada
Catch the early bird price of $349.00 USD and register by January 19, 2024. Register quickly–this class will sell out!
NOTE: THIS CLASS IS NOT FORD MOTOR COMPANY SPECIFIC. IT APPLIES TO ALL VEHICLE MANUFACTURERS AND ENGINES: GASOLINE, DIESEL, HYBRID AND/OR ELECTRIC.
Tired of going to electrical classes that begin with atomic theory and movement of electrons? Sure, it explains how current flows, but does it really help you fix the vehicle? I will not be covering that in this class. This class is all about helping you become proficient at electricity and electronics diagnostics. Become an expert electricity and electronics technician! Whether you are an apprentice technician looking to become more proficient in electrical diagnostics, or a seasoned veteran who would just like a refresher and also learn new information, this is the course for you. You will learn the skills necessary to become more efficient and profitable when performing electrical and electronics diagnostics work. You will learn these skills from a hands-on working automobile technician. This is definitely NOT your typical electricity and electronics training class!
Course materials will be emailed to each student in digital format. It is important to put your correct email address on the registration form and fill out the form completely.
Some of the topics to be covered:
- What really goes on inside your multi-meter and how it applies to diagnosis
- Breaking down wiring diagrams into their simplest components, thereby facilitating diagnosis
- Why fuses don’t always blow
- Why Kirchoff’s Laws apply more to diagnostics than Ohm’s Law
- What the “real world” voltage drop specs are
- Bi-stable relay operation and diagnosis
- Common diagnostic mistakes and how to avoid them
- What a negative resistance value really means
- How Hall Effect sensors really work, and how to properly diagnose them
- Discuss actual case studies in order to become more effective with your diagnostic skills
- Parasitic drain diagnosis without opening the circuit
- Module Failures: Causes & how to prevent them
- Piezo injector theory and operation
WHY ARE YOU TURNING THIS WORK AWAY?? There are now thousands of these trucks out of warranty and needing repairs. Yet, many shops turn this highly profitable work away, either due to inadequate training, tooling, or fear after hearing all the mythical horror stories about working on these trucks. Want to become efficient and profitable? Want to reduce your fleet’s downtime and operating costs? Come to class and get the straight scoop on these, from a guy who works on them every day. Learn how you can increase your profits!